Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 1 - Part 1

Well, I am new to weaving, and I thought I would document the whole warped and knotted thing as I learned about weaving. It all started with a palm-sized Weavette that I saw on the Martha Stewart show, and I had to have it. A few searches on the Internet, and BLAM-O, one was on the way!

I wove a bunch of squares on it that really made a so-so yarn quite beautiful, but I could never figure out how to put the blocks together. I was always a block short for anything I could think of: scarf, pillowcase, nosewarmer...you get the idea.

Anywhoo, it was all on the back burner as I merrily knitted along UNTIL.... I took an actual weaving class at Creative Yarns. I was smitten although I didn't particularly like the scarf project I was working on. The colors were ALL wrong. In fact, so wrong that I gave it to a sympathetic friend. She couldn't help but be sympathetic since she is an art teacher and could at least appreciate my attempt. Did I mention she was a good friend too?

No comments:

Post a Comment